COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND TOURNAMENT INFO
October 6th & October 7th (Boys play Saturday & Girls play Sunday)
Tibbetts Brook Park, Yonkers, NY
James L. Fleming Park , Yonkers, NY
Registration Guideline When Using Link:
1) Create Account
2) Fill in Login Credentials: (Create User)
3) Fill in Personal Information & click “Create Account”
4) Click on New Team – Register now
5) Enter Team Name
6) Choose age group for tournament
7) Add roster + Add Coaches + click done
8) Right upper corner Shopping Cart: Checkout
U8, U9, U10 (born 2011, 2010, 2009): $375
U11, U12 (born 2008, 2007) : $400
U13, U14, U15 (born 2006, 2005, 2004): $425
Credit/Debit Card or Check (you can click on “Pay by Check” after your registration through the registration link.
FAIR PLAY, SAFETY, SPORTSMANSHIP AND THE ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME
ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST. Anyone violating these tenets will be asked to leave the area of competition.
- Teams participate in the tournament at their own risk.
- The Lansdowne Yonkers FC and the Lansdowne Yonkers FC tournament committee cannot and does not accept liability for any injuries that may occur as a consequence of playing in the tournament.
- The act of participation by a team, player, parent and/or spectator is a release by them of any claims against Lansdowne Yonkers FC, and its members.
- Coaches must register their teams at least 30 minutes prior to their first game.
- Valid passes team roster and medical release forms (do not need to be notarized) must be presented at this time for every player at the tournament. There is no need to enter rosters on-line.
- Valid Coaches passes must also be presented.
- Competition is open to teams composed of not more than: 18 players for U12 to U-14; 16 players for U-11; 14 players for U-8 to U-10.
- Teams are allowed up to three guest players.
- Guest Player release Forms must also be presented at this time.
- Please have all paperwork in Alphabetical order to speed up the process.
- There are no protests or appeals.
- The decision of the referee and the tournament committee will be final and binding.
- If a team is not on the field ready to start a match at the scheduled time, they forfeit the match and the opposing team receives credit for a 2-0 victory.
- No points are awarded if both teams forfeit.
- If an accepted team fails to appear at the tournament, there will be no refund and all its matches will be forfeited.
- Only water and Gatorade are allowed inside the field area. There are no exceptions.
- NO pets allowed
- NO chairs will be allowed on the turf fields.
- Only CARDED coaches and trainers INCLUDED ON THE TEAM ROSTER are permitted on the team sideline. Further, a maximum of THREE carded coaches/trainers are allowed on the team sideline during the game.
- Coaching from the spectator side of the field is PROHIBITED. Anyone violating this will be directed to leave the competition area.
- All spectators must be in the Bleachers or outside the fenced-in field area, as applicable.
- Games will be played rain or shine.
- Games are considered complete after 15 minutes. If a game is halted before 15 minutes, the tournament committee will decide the course of action.
- The authorized referee is the sole authority of time played.
- If a game is halted prior to that time, the tournament committee will decide the course of action.
- In case severe weather conditions, that cancel the days games a $250 refund will be issued to each team.
Players on Field
- U8: 7v7 (including goalie)
- U9: 7v7 (including goalie)
- U10: 8v8 (including goalie) or 7v7 (TBD)
- U11: 9v9 (including goalie)
- U12: 9 vs 9 (including goalie) Depending on registration, we will determine if this division will be. Please note when you register what is preferred.
- U13 – U14/U15: 11v11 (including goalie)
- U8-U12 teams will use a #4 soccer ball
- U13-U14 will use a #5 ball
WYSL rules are used, including the following:
- Substitutions are only permitted with the permission of the referee, and ONLY at goal kicks, kickoffs after goals and at the time of a throw-in for either team.
- No substitutions on free kicks or corners.
- Substitution will be allowed for injured players.
- The substitute player must enter the field at halfway line after the player she/he replaces has left the field.
- All teams must have alternate jerseys or pennies. In case of conflicts, the home team (listed first on the game schedule) will change jerseys.
- The tournament timekeeper will be responsible for time and will use an air horn to start and stop all games. There will be no time allowances for injuries.
- Only the authorized referee will call offside, out of bounds and fouls.
- The home team (listed first) will kick off to start the match. The visiting team will get choice of goal.
- Games are  minutes long. Teams will have 2 minutes to get on and off the field between games.
- A minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a team (5 for small sided).
- A player who receives a red card may be ruled ineligible for the next game or the remainder of the tournament at the discretion of the tournament committee.
- Any coach receiving a red card will be barred from further participation at the tournament.
- Coaches will be responsible not only for their actions on and off the field, but also the actions of their players and supporters. This is a zero-tolerance policy tournament.
- Standings – All groups will play a round robin format (subject to change if brackets are not proper sizes). Standings are determined by a point system. Teams will receive:
- Win = 3 points
- Tie =1 points
- Loss = 0 points
- Awards – Individual awards will be presented to the 1st and 2nd place teams in all age groups U-8 to U-14.
- Players on U8 and U10 teams not placed 1st or 2nd will receive a participation award.
- Tiebreakers – If two or more teams have an equal number of points after the round robin games are played; the tie will be broken in the following order:
- Head to Head Competition (in case of a tie with more than 2 teams this tie-breaker is passed over)
- Most Wins
- Fewest Losses
- Goal Differential (max of 3 per game)
- Least # of goals allowed
- Most Shutouts
- Most games with at least 1 goal scored.
- Coin toss